Autumn is coming, so we need to watch our diets more than ever. Our immune system needs to be ready to face the low temperatures, so we can avoid catching a cold. There is no need to take vitamins or medicine; all you have to do is to introduce more vitamin C rich foods to your meals. Yes, it’s that simple!
- Peppers. We all love peppers, especially in the fall. You can add them to your salad, prepare stuffed peppers or make a healthy soup. Either way, they are rich in vitamins and wonderful for this time of the year.
- Guavas. If you don’t live in a warm climate, you might not know much about this amazing fruit. You can eat it for breakfast or add it to your smoothies. Once you try it, it will become your favorite fruit.
- Berries. Everyone is crazy about berries, especially the dark ones like blueberries. They are not only tasty, but they also contain 58 mg of Vitamin C for every 100 grams. That’s better than any nutritional supplement that you could take!
- Oranges. Oh, our dear oranges! You love orange juice anyway, so drink more of that in the next months. With 53 mg of vitamin C for every 100 grams, you can count on this fruit to strengthen your immunity.
- Tomatoes. I bet you never thought how useful this common vegetable can be. It is present in most of your meals, but raw. Well, in order to get all the Vitamin C that this vegetable has (about 22 mg) you have to cook it. The good news? You can make a delicious pasta sauce filled with vitamins!
- Papaya. To remember the summer, prepare a papaya smoothie. You will get plenty of vitamins and minerals and you will enjoy an extraordinary dessert.